VERY GOOD - PAPERBACK
Beth MacKay, the daughter of Culdee Creek's owner, returns home after completing medical school to take over the aging Doc Childress's practice. Reluctantly, her life and heart become entwined with that of Grand View's Episcopalian priest, Noah Starr. But Noah struggles with his faith and calling since his wife died and his daughter, Emily, was disabled with cerebral palsy due to the difficult birth.
When Beth becomes embroiled in a spousal abuse case between two of Noah's parishioners, she encourages the battered woman to leave her husband for her own safety. Noah cautions the woman to try to work things out, and when the abuse ends in tragedy, it's the last straw for the already-doubtful priest. Despondent and shaken, he announces his resignation to the church. Only with Beth's faith and love, and a little help from the community, can Noah find his way back to the life and calling God has always intended for him.
Child of Promise by Kathleen Morgan
Paperback - Very Good
* New: Just like it sounds. A brand-new, unused, unread copy in perfect condition.
* Like New: An apparently unread copy in perfect condition. Dust cover is intact; pages are clean and are not marred by notes or folds of any kind.
* Very Good: A copy that has been read, but remains in excellent condition. Pages are intact and are not marred by notes or highlighting, but may contain a neat previous owner name. The spine remains undamaged.
* Good: A copy that has been read, but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact. The spine may show signs of wear. Pages can include limited notes and highlighting, and the copy can include "From the library of" labels or previous owner inscriptions.
* Acceptable: A readable copy. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact (the dust cover may be missing). Pages can include considerable notes--in pen or highlighter--but the notes cannot obscure the text.
* Ex-Library Edition: Good Condition book with library labels on the spine, blacked out address or library stamp inside.