LIKE NEW - PAPERBACK
Against the European upheaval of the Napoleonic wars, a young timid lady becomes entangled in a web of intrigue. Forced to betray her own country or watch her brother die, Dominique Dawson, arrives at the London home of Admiral Randal as a governess for his son, but her real purpose is to steal valuable Admiralty documents for the French. She soon discovers, however, that she faces more enemies besides her own fear. Will Dominique find the strength she needs in God to risk the gallows and save her brother? But will it be enough to betray the man she has come to love? Admiral Chase Randal no longer believes in God. After the death of his wife, he threw himself into a career at sea and spends most of his time away from home sailing a fleet of HMS warships. Much to his dismay, he suddenly finds himself landlocked in London, forced to temporarily fill a position on the Admiralty Board left vacant by an ailing member. Bitter and angry, he longs for the day he can return to sea and escape the memories of his wife. When the new governess arrives, Chase finds her too weak and nervous to mentor his son, but soon discovers that her sweet nature and strong faith fill his home with a love and joy he has not felt for years. Though he must battle his sister's constant disapproval, a would-be-lover's jealous flare ups and his best friends infatuation with Dominique, his biggest fight is with his growing affections for the lady. But what will this staunch British Admiral do when he discovers Dominique is a French Spy?
The Falcon and the Sparrow by Mary Lu Tyndall
Paperback - Like New
* New: Just like it sounds. A brand-new, unused, unread copy in perfect condition.
* Like New: An apparently unread copy in perfect condition. Dust cover is intact; pages are clean and are not marred by notes or folds of any kind.
* Very Good: A copy that has been read, but remains in excellent condition. Pages are intact and are not marred by notes or highlighting, but may contain a neat previous owner name. The spine remains undamaged.
* Good: A copy that has been read, but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact. The spine may show signs of wear. Pages can include limited notes and highlighting, and the copy can include "From the library of" labels or previous owner inscriptions.
* Acceptable: A readable copy. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact (the dust cover may be missing). Pages can include considerable notes--in pen or highlighter--but the notes cannot obscure the text.
* Ex-Library Edition: Good Condition book with library labels on the spine, blacked out address or library stamp inside.