VERY GOOD - HARDCOVER
Eleanor's story begins in Poitiers, where she lives in a castle with her father, Duke William X of Aquitaine; her younger sister; and her grandmother. The 13-year-old's days are filled with lessons, court gossip and intrigue, and royal feasts. As a young lady approaching the marrying age, she and others are on the lookout for a suitable husband for her. Eleanor's diary is also the repository of some of the seamy details of life, including fleas in people's hair. When she marries the King of France's son, Louis the Younger, she goes to Paris to assume her new royal duties. With attention focused on the small details of life and her youthful dreams, Eleanor comes to life. At the same time, readers learn about this period and some of its inhabitants through her eyes
The Royal Diaries - Eleanor: Crown Jewel of Aquitaine by Kristiana Gregory
Hardcover - Very Good
* New: Just like it sounds. A brand-new, unused, unread copy in perfect condition.
* Like New: An apparently unread copy in perfect condition. Dust cover is intact; pages are clean and are not marred by notes or folds of any kind.
* Very Good: A copy that has been read, but remains in excellent condition. Pages are intact and are not marred by notes or highlighting, but may contain a neat previous owner name. The spine remains undamaged.
* Good: A copy that has been read, but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact. The spine may show signs of wear. Pages can include limited notes and highlighting, and the copy can include "From the library of" labels or previous owner inscriptions.
* Acceptable: A readable copy. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact (the dust cover may be missing). Pages can include considerable notes--in pen or highlighter--but the notes cannot obscure the text.
* Ex-Library Edition: Good Condition book with library labels on the spine, blacked out address or library stamp inside.